- The clothes you will wear will put the photograph into context. Is the portrait going to be displayed in your formal greeting room? Wear Sunday attire. Will it be hung in the family room? Go with something casual. You'll want to the style and colors to go with your décore!
- Plain, solid, colored clothes tend to work best. Stay away from busy patterns like plaid, paisley, big polka dots, printed logos and stripes. Basically, stay away from anything that will distract from your family's faces
- Bright colors can work well with children. Lots of cute hats, leggings, gloves and layers of clothing can really add personality.
- Dark colors are generally better than light colors. If wearing dark clothes, long sleeves is a must! A dark colored top can allow the focal point of the image to be the face; they also tend to be slimming. A good rule of thumb is, if you want the background to be light colored (or even white) wear light colored clothing. If you want the background to be dark, wear dark colored clothing. If your portrait will be taken outside, stick to earth tone colors.
- Everything in the portrait photography session should be geared toward drawing attention to the subject’s face, not away from it. The worst culprit is white socks!
- When photographing groups or couples, it's an idea to have them wear similar colors. Any earth tone color will go with other earth tone colors. The outfits don't have to be duplicates to look good; however, you don't want everyone in light blue and one person in bright red. For big extended families, its fun to have individual families have their own color. So one family might have brown shirts, and another family might have blue shirts. Just remember to make sure all the colors will look good together!
|WELCOME TO DS PORTRAITS!
DS Portraits is a Utah portrait studio located in American Fork, Utah, but available for destination weddings and on location family portrait sessions worldwide. We enjoy creating infant, baby, child portraits, family portraits, commercial photography, events, dance studio, high school senior and wedding photography in our indoor studio, our beautiful gardens, or on location. We are a small, tight knit portrait studio showcasing the talents of Doris and Alan Harwell. We STRIVE to capture the most heartfelt and unique wedding and family photography in the country! In all honesty though, it's our CLIENTS that make us the best Salt Lake City and surrounding areas wedding and family photographers. We know you could have used some internet coupon, you probably could have found someone cheaper. We strive to make your experience and your portrait investment better through our personalties and quality photography.
We will travel the world shooting destination photography in amazing locations like Maui Hawaii, St. Thomas, and The US Virgin Islands. We have experience shooting destination Temple weddings all over the U.S. like LA, San Diego, Hawaii, Oakland, Washington D.C. and Newport Beach. We would love to be your destination photographer. We will photograph in or at many of the most popular Utah wedding venues in Utah, such as: Northampton House, White Willow, La Caille, The Canyons Resort, The Grand America, McCune Mansion, Market Street Grill, Park City, Noah's, Heritage Gardens, Le Gardine, Red Butte Gardens, Eldredge Manor, Thanksgiving Point, Tuscany, Joseph Smith Memorial Building, Canterbury Place, the Memorial House and Sundance Resort. And of course every beautiful LDS Temple around from Bountiful to Draper to the Oquirrh Temple. Where ever you need us to be, we will be there to share your most special day :)